Case Manager - Safe Park/Posada Program
Amigos de Guadalupe fulfills its mission by focusing on four strategies: Expansive Outreach (alcance comunitario), Trusted Information & Referral ( amigos de confianza), Targeted Direct Services Program ( comunidad fortalecida) and Case management (compañerismo). The Case Manager will be mostly focused on comunidad fortalecida and compañerismo .
Founded on the principles of justice and advocacy, Amigos de Guadalupe Center for Justice and Empowerment partners with the Si Se Puede Collective and local agencies to make social services more accessible to the Mayfair Community; to strengthen individuals and the community through education; and to address social inequities by creating strong leaders through community organizing.
The Case Manager will conduct comprehensive client assessments, evaluate their needs, and create short and long term housing goals, with the objective of securing permanent housing. The case manager is responsible for screening, placing, and providing case management for individuals enrolled in the "Safe Park" program. Position requires a high level of independent decision making, action, and responsibility, with an overall goal of enhancing the client's quality of life by moving them out of poverty as defined by the self-sufficiency matrix.
- Assess and verify client needs , determining eligibility for a variety of financial in-kind emergency assistance services.
- Provide case management services to low-income clients who qualify, including goal setting, long-term case plan development, monitor progress. money management, tenant education and referrals
- Maintain a caseload of 50 families per year (average case load is 20-25 families at any given time).
- Meet with clients weekly or bi-weekly for 12 months and track their progress.
- Connect clients with needed and available community resources. Follow-up with clients/agencies to document use/success of referral.
- Coordinate with various service providers to ensure fulfillment of what clients need
- Establish/ input accurate and complete data for all contact with client into agency database
- Provide all required documentation in a timely manner which may include client follow-up, outcome evaluations, client contact sheets and evaluations.
- Plan and coordinate health related educational events with health providers
- May supervise interns for special projects.
- Other Functions:
- Participate in regular staff meetings, staff training programs, supervisory meetings or any agency event.
- Adhere to agency policies and procedures.
- Perform any other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's Degree in Social Work (or related field)
- Fluent in Spanish (required)
- Minimum of 2 years experience working in the nonprofit sector
- Previous experience with case managing families
- Knowledge of community resources
- Excellent documentation, communication and writing skills
- Ability to work in a variety of settings with culturally diverse individuals/families
- Knowledge of social issues impacting East San Jose residents
Amigos de Guadalupe is an equal opportunity employer. At Amigos we encourage and promote a learning environment and encourage anyone to apply regardless of prior experience. We look for a growth mindset, positivity and an eagerness to learn.
Hourly Rate: $30/hr